Equestride Dynamic Support System (DSS)
The benefits of carbon fiber:
- Carbon fiber is among the strongest materials on earth due to the chainlike bonds of its molecules. This structure is created during chemical reactions and temperatures used in manufacture..
- Carbon fiber is 5 times lighter than steel, and therefore 5 times as strong in that respect.
The Artifical Tendon (AT)
This feature enables the device to be load-limiting.
- The AT is a unique triangular-shaped component of the devices and utilizes wraparound strength at the pastern collar.
- The AT is exceptionally strong, yet flexible enough to allow a full range of movement.
- The AT is responsible for the amount of extension of the device at the various settings.
- The AT, along with some of the metal components can wear out and is one of the reasons regular maintenance and refurbishment are required.